We strongly believe in Teamwork and we have seen those who prioritise supporting other members develop a great attitude towards training. On top of that, when you get behind other members they will get behind you when you have those last few reps to knock out.
If you watch the most successful CrossFitters like Rich Froning competing, you will notice that he supports other competitors after he is finished. He doesn’t walk off, he doesn’t sit on the floor by himself, he encourages his team mates to push harder to finish stronger and better.
- LOG YOUR SCORE
A good CrossFitter is focussed on their weaknesses and overcoming them. They don’t just post a score when they do well or when they beat others, they post all of their results to focus on progression. They get excited about a challenge and they are not scared to be beaten. They enjoy trying new things and get motivated to improve daily rather than being discouraged by a setback.
- TURN UP NO MATTER WHAT
Rain hail or shine you see this badass turn up to the gym. They don’t complain about workouts (not too much anyway) and they see challenging workouts as their opportunity to get better. They ask for advice from the coach on how to manage the work and how to get the most out of the workout. They see the cold, heat, rain, snow, dark as extra challenges to strengthen their resolve to change their lives.
Getting the right fuel, sleep and technique is a CrossFitters best friend. The athlete who warms up a little more and cools down a little more performs better. Throwing weights around and huffing and puffing is sexy and fun for everyone. The CrossFitter who works on recovering and looking after themselves outside of the gym gets the best and lasting results. If you look at your body and mind like a machine that can produce amazing results, you will look after it. Like any machine, it must be maintained, cleaned, serviced and checked consistently to achieve maximum performance.
This is the most important aspect of a CrossFitters success. If you remain consistent and follow the first four points you WILL succeed and get results. Getting angry, sulking that you didn’t get a PB or getting down on yourself will get you nowhere fast. True Greatness and success comes from a great attitude. We have all seen the videos of people in wheelchairs training, people with no arms pushing the limits and the one thing those athletes have in common is a great attitude. If they let their disabilities affect their perception of who they are and who they can become we would never see those videos.
So learn to inspire yourself. Seek the challenges where others give up. Try something new and learn to enjoy the process. Your attitude combined with great training at CrossFit TRG will lead to Greatness and you will change your life forever and have a lasting positive impact on those around.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes; crumble, cover, and set aside at room temperature. Toss together the beans, vinegar, oil, and mustard and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Just before serving, toss with the chives and bacon.
Easy to make easy to eat.
Blanch the brussels sprouts in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until fork-tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until it begins to crisp. Add the garlic and almonds, then cook, stirring, for a further minute. Add the brussels sprouts and toss for 2-3 minutes to warm through. Remove from heat, stir in the parsley, then serve.
- YOU’LL BE NERVOUS.
That’s normal. You don’t know what to expect so you will feel a little nervous and excited. Being nervous is great. It is a sign that you are trying something new and you have a desire to change your life. So hey CHILL OUT! We will take you as a brand new member and support you every step of the way. We were all there once too.
- YOU’LL GET ADDICTED.
If you come at least 3 x per week you WILL become addicted. You will feel and see the physical changes and most important, you will feel better about yourself. Also number 1 will disappear as your confidence will increase.
- YOU’LL MAKE NEW FRIENDS.
One of the best things about training at CrossFit TRG is the people you will meet. We have an awesome culture built on Teamwork and Respect. People will message you if you don’t turn up and will support you during and after your work outs.
- YOU’LL FEEL LIKE GIVING UP.
This is all part of the process to becoming a total badass. As you increase your level of training you may feel tired and want to give up. If it was totally easy everyone would be in great shape. Fact is you will need to put in some work to get some results. “You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- YOU’LL WONDER WHY YOU DIDN’T START YEARS AGO.
Once you are in full swing of your training and you have become a fully-fledged CrossFitter, you will wonder why you didn’t start years ago. Well that happens but you will have a new lease on life and your attitude will be excited to move forward into the future.
- IT’S ALL YOU THINK ABOUT. You find yourself staring into the abyss of 3.30PM LALA land thinking about how your workout is going to go in a few hours…. and you now hate your job. You even think about quitting your job just so you can do more CrossFit.
- IT’S ALL YOU TALK ABOUT. You may have lost some friends recently because all you talk about is CrossFit. Well if they can’t stand to hear about it anymore, then who cares. CrossFit is your new friend and other CrossFitters are your friends. Also Fran is your friend. Or is she?
- YOU HAVE MORE GYM CLOTHES THAN NORMAL CLOTHES. When you look at your wardrobe you have short, tanks, shoes, socks, wraps, sleeves and anything else that you can think of you will have in your wardrobe.
- YOU LOOK AT YOURSELF IN TERMS OF PERFORMANCE OVER APPEARANCE. You are learning the value of performance over appearance. You get happy when you see that your times are getting faster and that you are getting stronger. Looking better always comes as a bonus to the whole package.
- YOU ARE MORE HAPPY THAN YOU WERE 3 MONTHS AGO. We work on progression and your levels of happiness and confidence which is why you keep coming back for more. The friendships and experiences are all part of that. You are addicted to CrossFit because you are a new person. A better person and there is no way you are turning back to the old you.
Written by Winston Coxon
- 1 pound (455 grams) ground beef
- ¼ medium red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled
- ½ cup (100 grams) coconut oil, melted
- sliced red onions
- ¾ cup (180 mL) Avocado Mousse
- romaine hearts
- shoestring parsnip fries (from above)
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the burgers without overworking the meat.
- Divide meat into 3 equal portions and form into ½-inch (12-mm)-thick patties. Use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of each burger. Set aside.
- Using a spiral slicer or julienne slicer, cut the parsnips into strings.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat, and preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once grill is hot, place the burgers on the grill and close the lid. Cook 6 minutes.
- While the burgers are cooking, add the coconut oil to the saucepan. Test the oil by placing one parsnip shoestring in the oil to ensure the oil bubbles. Add the parsnips to the oil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown. When the parsnips finish cooking, place them on a paper towel−lined plate to drain.
- Flip the burgers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Remove the burgers from grill and let rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
- To assemble the burgers, place each on a bed of lettuce and top with sliced red onions, ¼ cup (60 mL) avocado mousse, and parsnip fries.
*** Courtesy the Paleo kitchen